Sunday, May 31, 2009

STRAWBERRIES!!!!

Local strawberries are in season! Ok, well not completely local, but within my state an hour or two south, which is close enough for me. Heck, it's infinitely closer than California which is a four hour plane ride.

Now, I'm not sure if these strawberries are organic, but since I've had plenty of them the last two weeks with no reactions I have to guess they are at least pretty close to organic if not completely organic. I will double check next time. All I know is that they are the sweetest, juiciest strawberries I've ever had. My favorite way to eat them? On a spinach salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Delicious!

According to World's Healthiest Foods,
strawberries are really good for you too. Of course, that goes with out saying that they are really good for you, but they are really high in Vitamin C and manganese and good source of all sorts of other nutrients. They are at their peak from April through July so eat them up now while they are their best!

No comments: