Sunday, May 31, 2009

Detox Diet Challenge, Day 0


Tomorrow is the big day. I'm starting on a detox diet and will stick to it 100% through the month of June.

Ok, so it's not really rocket science, this diet. It's the same thing I did last year when I was diagnosed with gallstones. I know I can follow the diet since I did it before and I can't wait to see what kind of differences there are (or aren't) in my digestion.

So how did I spend my last day of (relative) food freedom? Over eating a bit, and eating some sugary stuff, but still with plenty of healthy veggies and fats. Breakfast today was the last of my gluten-free poppyseed bread covered in lemon icing (to make up for the fact that I forgot the lemon in the recipe). Lunch was a leftover natural chicken sausage from the night before and a garden fresh salad with my own homegrown lettuces. And dinner was my favorite tuna recipe with avocado with a splurge at the end of two slices of homemade whole wheat bread with my mother-in-laws grape jelly and some butter. Definitely overate a bit, especially at dinner, but if I'm not going to be stuffing my face with processed cupcakes at least I could do something bad.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I can't wait to feel great again and get my energy back. I can't wait to discover new things about my body and foods and test my own personal resolve for the sake of my continued improved health. These things are important, and as I refocus I plan to make this refocusing effort a lifelong commitment. Who need processed cupcakes anyway?

No comments: