Monday, March 29, 2010

Been absent a few days...

Where does the time go? I spent the last week or so just being stressed and unhappy and absent while I came to terms with my brewing anger at life. Why, you might ask? No good reason. Just got in a funk. It was a interesting roller coaster ride of emotions for a week or so though!

Luckily, I was finally able to squeeze some acupuncture in before work early last week and things have been better since. My Qi was definitely out of whack, with some low bladder function (which would explain my unusual lack of wanting to pee- normally it's hourly, last few weeks was rarely) and some excess energy in my large intestine (which would explain the tummy issues and returning nausea). Got to love acupuncture, right? It always blows my mind that not only is it accurate, but it works to! The rest of the day I was giddy and upbeat and didn't feel that dark cloud over my head anymore. Even as the week went on, my moodiness was improved and when it returned it was much shorter lived than the week before. I wish I had time for some acupuncture again this week, but it's a no go with the schedule- my coworker is out and that means I'll be lucky if I get time for a quick chiropractic adjustment. Quite upbeat about the coming week though, so that's good.

The best news? I decided to take a "mental health" weekend for myself next week. Can't wait! I'm going to spend a few days by myself, visiting friends, shopping, and relaxing. Shopping will be primarily window shopping because money is tighter than I care to admit right now, but at least I'll get to spend time "planning" the new fabulous things I am going to buy myself. (aka Pants and shirts that fit for the summer- too small now to wear the oversized stuff I wore last year). Good thing for the budget is that the hotel room is free! Had enough points leftover on my account with a hotel chain to get the whole thing covered. I love membership rewards like that! My husband and use to take vacations with saved up hotel points- made the trip really cheap!

But I ramble.

Long story short, my goal is to destress myself. I think every once in a while we all need to take a personal time-out. I'm lucky that I have a husband who supports and understands it and didn't even want to come with me when I offered. More than likely he's sick of my rotten attitude and wants a breather too! So, I am going to take the time and focus on not focusing and enjoy whatever the day brings. Heck, I might even stretch my mental health weekend one extra night even if it means I have to pay for it. Escaping to a hotel can be so rejuvenating. Breaking your everyday routine can bring you renewed energy for returning to the routine. Just knowing that my "mental health" weekend is almost here has calmed me and brought a smile back to my face. Feels good knowing I have some me-time coming up.

No comments: