Monday, March 8, 2010

Cheese

Nope, not taking any pictures. Just eating massive quantities of it. And it's making me sick. You would think I would not want to eat it anymore because it's making me sick, but no, not I. Damn book triggering my food addictions and eating disorder.

I had anticipated being able to say more on the subject, but really there isn't much more to say. I'm craving cheese, eating cheese, and cheese is making me feel like poop. As a matter of fact, not only is it aggravating my gallbladder, but it's making my sinuses bleed.

I can't explain the whole sinus bleeding thing, but I know it's happening because I can taste the blood scent in my mouth and there is a raspy feeling in my throat that comes along with it. It's been a long time since I've had this feeling, but I am fairly certain the cheese is a contributing factor. It's too early in the allergy season for that to be doing it. You see, the sinus bleeding is a form of allergic reaction. When I vaccuum or dust, the same thing happens. Only difference this time is it's a food sensitivity causing it.

I need to get the cheese eating (and sugar, which also has gotten out of control thanks to the book) under control. My strategy? I'm going to journal about all the reasons cheese (and sugar) disgust me. I am going to use every psychological tool I have to get this under control, because sheer willpower is not overriding the strong cravings. Perhaps my handiwork of cheese disgust will be tomorrow's blog post???

On the plus side, I worked out today and I can already feel it. Taking advantage of my free On Demand shows through my cable provider, I did a Jillian Michaels workout that focused on problem areas. It reminded me of the workouts I did with my trainer back when I was doing that (budget constraints didn't allow for both my hubby and I to work out, so I am letting him have his turn). It combined weights with focused lunges and squats and really made my muscles burn. I wish I could say I was in good enough shape to not have to modify some of the moves, but my laziness over the last few months has caught up to me. Gone is the muscle and definition in my thighs, and I've become pretty darn weak. My body likes the exercise though, so I'm making a committment to fitting it in more often. I'm hoping that some of those endorphins will help to override the food cravings too. See, it's a win-win situation!

Now to write down all the ways cheese (and sugar) disgust me...

No comments: