Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Let's Talk About Chocolate...

Something has got to change. A year ago, I was just coming off of a 5 minus hiatus of chocolate and was feeling pretty darn good. Since that time the struggle I have with chocolate has remanifested itself in horrible awful ways. I just can't stop eating the stuff. Doesn't matter how sick I feel after eating, how much mucus I can feel building in my body, or the gallbladder complaints, I can't stop frickin' eating it.

Let's devise a chocolate detox plan, shall we?

Originally I thought I would just resort to chopping off a finger every time I ate a piece of chocolate. Effective? Quite definitely, but too bloody and I would most likely lose fingers and I need them. So the new plan has to be doing what I did before, quitting cold turkey and making it a personal challenge for myself to stop eating it.

Luckily, tomorrow I don't work. Which means Ghiradelli Chocolate Bars aren't sitting in another room whispering my name like they are at work. So, I have a one day jump start before I have to be faced with those bags of scrumptious, velvety chocolate again.

I can do this.

I can do this.

Chocolate is NOT my friend.

I can do this, because chocolate is NOT my friend and I don't want to be it's friend either.

Chocolate detox, day 1... GO!

No comments: