Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aloe Vera Juice to the Rescue?


In my attempts to not only fix my gallbladder, but also, currently, restore the balance of healthy bacteria in my gut that was upset by those (stupid) antibiotics I had to take for my tooth, I have been religiously drinking Aloe Vera juice in the mornings. Aloe Vera, just like it's topical counter-part helps to heal. The juice is said to help rebalance the PH levels in the stomach, and from personal previous experiences I swear by it for that. I've healed my severe heartburn with it and digestive enzymes several times (if you have frequent heartburn this combo with a few dietary changes will actually treat the heartburn, not just cover it up like OTC and Rx meds do). Additionally, the healing effects for the gut are also applicable to the gallbladder according to gallbladderattack.com and it is supposedly helpful to drink during a GB attack. I can say from experience a month or so ago, that is, in fact, true. Not quite as effective as beet juice (see my previous post), but it works in a pinch.

Anyway, my stomach and body is so jacked up (yes, that's a technical term) from the antibiotics that I'm pulling out all the stops to try and get things back in check. I wasn't exactly doing 100% before the antibiotics (the GB was complaining a bit) and now I need to move things back to attack mode. Yesterday at work I was so nauseous (which happens when my stomach flora gets out of whack) that I had to take a 10 minutes break while I waited for GB anti-nausea drops to kick in. It's been rough.

So, game plan that started today so as not
be vomity-feeling anymore: Minimize any and all sugar consumption. Guess I have no option but to give up chocolate right now, huh?

Oh, and I promise more food pix to come, I've been cooking up a storm the last few weeks!

No comments: