Sunday, January 18, 2009

Delinquent Blogger

I've been a bit delinquent on blogging these past weeks, but for good reason! We painted our office- and it is lovely! I went over five whole days without internet while we were painting and then putting everything back together, and that was a rough five days for me having now access to the internet! You don't realize how addicted to it you are until you don't have it at your fingertips, easily accessible.

What I can take away from the experience- other than being able to actually SURVIVE five whole days with no internet- is that a little paint does really go a long way in a room. Our once purpley-grey office with a really bad paint job and even worse trim paint job now looks refreshed and absolutely gorgeous. I have my elfa shelves on the wall and am still working on organizing the room the way I like it, but it looks so much better than it did! And even in it's "still being put back together" state my friend last night commented on how organized I was. I had to scratch my head for a minute since it still looks a bit like a tornado went through, but I guess maybe my standards are just a bit high- which I blame entirely on having worked at the Container Store for two years. Pictures will be coming soon.

In other exciting organization news, the buffet for my kitchen is finally coming today! My mother-in-law and aunt-in-law are finally making the trek with it and I can't wait to finish organizing my kitchen! When you cook like I do, having lots of storage and being organized is so important!

Speaking of, I will have lots of yummy food pix coming soon. Lots of good eats have been going on these last two weeks!

No comments: