Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting Clean!


As you may recall, I went on a bit of a rant about cleaning products earlier this month. Of course, for my one or two actual readers, you probably forgot because it's been two weeks since I last blogged, but nonetheless, I did. Well. Have I got some news for you!

I got the full line of Shaklee cleaning products! I frickin' love this stuff. An allergenistas best friend when it comes to cleaning. Not only is it eco-friendly, but the stuff cleans everything quickly, easily, without toxic chemicals or harsh perfumes! Woohoo! As a result, I can happily say my house is much cleaner than it's been in a while and I actually... wait for it.... want to clean now! Amazing what happens when you don't feel sick from cleaning, huh? Yeah!
I got the starter kit, which has all of the cleaning products in it, including hand soap. Now, you might find it funny that I mention hand soap... but for me, this is a huge one. Think about most any handsoap you have ever used... ok, now think about how it smells. Yup, that fragrance is enough to make me want to rip my skin right off, and usually makes me nauseous, too. When you are allergic to fragrances, the typical precautions everyone else follows to prevent the spread of flu and colds or just basic personal cleaning, I guess, becomes off limits. Call me gross, but I just don't use the stuff 98% of the time, not out of laziness or lack of caring, but out of lack of ability. However, I can tell you I don't get the flu, so I think it actually might help my immunity on that one. That's a story for another day though.
Being excited about hand soap... sure doesn't get anymore thrilling than that in this allergenistas life. :)

No comments: