Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tasty Dinner for Election Night

First, I must do my patriotic duty to tell everyone to vote!!! Being apathetic is pathetic, vote! I personally got up early to vote at 6am. Got there about 10 after and waited for 40 minutes. Not to bad, I guess, but still longer than I expected. I'm sure if they had more than 8 voting booths it would have made the line move quicker. All I know is that I have never waited that long to vote, ever. Even in the last presidential election I didn't wait more than 5 minutes, which I accredit to the wonderful election board and their systems (and sheer number of voting booths) at my hometown polling place. Anyway, vote! Wait in line, everyone is doing it!

Just wanted to share some quick pix of my dinner for tonight that is uber-healthy and super easy to make. Tuna and kalmata olive salad stuffed peppers. I made this recipe by combining elements I like from a few different tuna stuffed pepper recipes, and oila! A super tasty meal. I think I improved the recipe a bit this time by adding more moisture, so hopeful it is just as good or better than the last time! And did I mention how healthy it is? All good fats from the olive oil and fish (GB friendly!) and loaded with flavor. The green pepper is awesome with the mixture.
Just before being topped with bread crumbs and going in the oven. I could have eaten it like this it looked so good. But alas, I knew the tuna needed a bit more cooking, so I wasn't gonna risk it.


And right out of the oven. Oh, I can't wait! It might have to be my lunch instead of dinner!



Now go vote! And enjoy watch the poll returns all night tonight!

No comments: