Thursday, November 6, 2008

Personal Training Kicked My A**

Yesterday I had my first day of personal training and loved it. I've never had such a focused workout. My heart rate was up but not insanely high during the whole thing (which is a very good thing since I am still working on getting rid of my hypertension) and we were able to work every major muscle group in a thirty minute session. I've signed up for once a week until the end of the year and I couldn't be more excited.

The only side effect to having been a couple lazy bum the last, um, four years, is that I have like no muscle. So, for most of the day yesterday I felt like my legs were going to collapse beneath me periodically, and now today I can hardly walk my quads are so sore! Yikes! All in all though, I think it's a good thing and worth the temporary pain/discomfort until my body gets reconditioned. This is really important to my overall wellness and should help me in a lot of other areas of my life, particularly my singing. You wouldn't believe the amount of athleticism involved in some arias (well, any aria for that matter) and I know that getting fit and building muscle and core strength is going to help me in my singing.

I had my phone consultation with the gallbladder lady on Tuesday and will fill you in on that a little bit later. Right now, I am going to attempt to move my sore legs so they can stretch out a bit. I might hobble like an old man today, but I'm sure I'll feel a bit better tomorrow!

No comments: